Butyreux (“it is pronounced ‘butirò’ and it means buttery in French”) of Trash-Dance is another one in line of the Italian-breed super producers. Hailing from the epicentre of spaghetti electro uprising, the hometown of Sir Bob Rifo of The Bloody Beetroots, his sound blends the usual suspects of current floor slaying aroma: abundance of synthesizers, profusion of filters and distortion, and harsh pumping beats. The twist comes up later. Seize it tomorrow.
1. Who are you, what do you do and where do you do it?
I’m Michele from the North-East of Italy, producer and a dj for the world.
2. Describe your sound in 12 words!
A mix of Pump funk acid happy zippy house music without cocaine.
3. Which musician/music act did most significantly influence your music taste?
A clichè answer would be Daft Punk, but I was influenced mostly by the early 90’s house music (before the electro wave), for example by David Morales for his music, melody, beats and for the mixing technique.
4. Blue pill or red pill?
Blue pill – serenity without consciousness.
5. Which are your superpowers?
The power of mixing and the laser beam.
6. Which song should have been on every CD recorded for the loved one?
Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, but I never recorded a love CD for a girl….
7. Who is DJ Umek?
A dj/producer whom I heard play at Global disco 4 summers ago when I was in Ljubljana on vacations.
8. Why do they put round pizza in a square box?
For a marketing reason. Making round boxes is more expensive than doing square ones. And also because pizzas have an irregular shape… If you wanted a star shaped pizza would they give it to you in a star shaped box? Square box is more useful!
9. What do you do, when you are not occupied with music?
I’m studying economics at University of Venice.
10. Who is your favourite Game Over member?
I never played Game Over, I was too young. But in Mortal Combat my favourite member was Sub-Zero!
11. Current top 4 for the dancefloor and top 3 for the car?
Duck Sauce – You’re Nasty
Boys Noize – Jeffer
Grum – Heartbeats
Cassius – youth speed trouble cigarettes
Paul Anka – Diana
883 – Tieni il Tempo
Mike Oldfield – Moonlight Shadow
12. Last pearls of wisdom?
Mappero is the way!